Friday, August 13, 2010

A Ukulele Birthday

As if it's not hot enough around Kansas City, today we'll be visiting Hawaii! Sort of. (Cue island music)

One of my coworkers (probably the only person who reads this on a regular basis) asked me to make her dad a 60th birthday card. Sure.

So this is what I came up with. He plays the ukulele, so Hawaii themed was really the only way to go with it.

All the paper is Hobby Lobby, the ukulele sticker came in a Hawaii sticker pack from JoAnn's I think.
I used my Gypsy to weld the shadow (green) of the numbers together, as well at the "th" part.
I cut out everything on the Cricut, which didn't give me any trouble, so it must be meant to be.

Here's a closer shot of the ukulele, or is could be a guitar, but I say it's a ukulele. The numbers are popped up with dimensional pads, so is the ukulele. The happy and birthday was one stamp that I inked half at a time. I cut strips of the vanilla paper and used a corner rounder on one side.

I left the inside blank, so she could write something nice to her dad, or something. I can never think of what to write in cards, so I'm glad this one is not my problem :-)

I was pretty happy with it, and she said she liked it, so I guess I'll count this as a win. It's always challenging to make something for someone else, but fun at the same time.

We've perhaps got a busy weekend ahead of us, and maybe some updates on the husband's blog..maybe. It's only 3 weeks until Oliver gets to come home with us, and we're trying to get the backyard ready for him.. Lots of weeds to pull and stumps to yank out and many other things so we'll be ready to sod some of the yard when it cools off!

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely the most awesome card I have ever given anyone! It fits my dad perfectly! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete