Friday, August 27, 2010

A Mermaid Halloween Card

Halloween is approaching, and since they already have Christmas stuff at Hobby Lobby it is not too early to start making my Halloween cards. It might also have something to do with I'm not sure how many I'm going to make. I'm looking forward to trying some new things on these cards...which is always interesting.

This is the first of my Halloween offerings. I love Sweet Pea Stamps! The paper is from a Basic Grey paper stack that I've had for some time.
Of course the picture is yellow. But my "new thing" is coloring the background. I have a really hard time using Copics to do this. That doesn't mean that I can use some other type of marker/paint well. There are many people that can do really beautiful things with them..I'm still very much in a learning process. I used a few Stickles because I like them. And of course the mermaid kitty I colored like Bean.
Here's the inside. I just used the rest of the paper I didn't use on the front. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up! set.

I'm trying really hard to finish our vacation scrapbook..it's just not happening. I still have our entire Year 2 book to do, and I want to make a mini album of Oliver, so we can look back and see how he changes through his "puppy uglies" One more week until we get him..it's going to seem like forever.

I hope everyone gets to enjoy their weekend.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment