Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Something Special Just for You!

Well, maybe not for you, but for someone someday I hope.

I'm working on building my stash, and I prefer to make cards than to actually finish my vacation scrapbook, like I should be doing. (don't tell!) It's actually sort of sad, we took this trip in October, and the book isn't finished yet. I also decided to make a scrapbook of every year of our married life..well year one is finished, and year two is coming to a close in October, but the book is not started yet. So I'm backlogged about 10 months.

So instead of working on what I should be working on, I made this card to show you.

It's a stamp I bought before we moved in May and I never had a chance to use it..so now is the time.
It's a Swiss Pixie stamp from All That Scraps. And I think she is adorable.

Closer. I put Stickles on her wings, and just a bit on the flower petals. Really the reason I made this card was because I got a new paper stack from Hobby Lobby and I love it and wanted to make something with it right away. My vacation book is only using papers from another "earthy" colored stack..but I needed to make something bright and happy.

I kept the inside pretty simple. The card stock base is a retired SU! color..barely banana I think..
If I use this card myself it will probably become a birthday card or something. But it could be used for many things really.

I've been digging into some stamps I haven't had a chance to use yet, so watch out!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment