Friday, July 16, 2010

Becaue It's My Birthday Today...

Because it's my birthday today...
You get a picture packed post.
Because it's my birthday today...
You get to see 2 of my latest cards.

AND
Since it's my birthday today, you have to look at what my wonderful husband got me.

A GYPSY!


This is my Gypsy. It's a scrapbooking toy (of course) and it works with my Cricut. It's a digital and portable way to design layouts to cut with the Cricut. You load all the cartridges you have to the Gypsy and there you can look at all of them, mix and match images, size them, preview them, weld letters and images together..it's pretty much endless. You plug it in to the Cricut when your done, and it will cut with out having to switch the cartridges. I guess that sounds kind of confusing but it's going to make my life so much easier! Plus, it's cool.

Here's a shot of the screen. That's what the Cricut cutting mat looks like, so you can easily see how big the image is going to be. Most images have layers, you can look at all the layers at once, and cut all the layers at once, and this is greatly going to reduce my error rate. Nobody likes it when their Cricut outsmarts them...well that won't be me anymore!
It's pretty simple to use, you can pretty much pick it up and start, but there are some lovely ladies out there that have made some awesome tutorials, so they've been helping me get the most out of it. I love it already.

So, on to the cards.
These are a few I've had in my stash for about a week. I didn't use they Gypsy for these, but I like them anyway.

My sister-in-law's birthday is coming up, so this one is for her. I'm actually a little sad to part with it. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The image is by Sweet Pea Stamps, which I think is my new favorite place to get stamps. The paper is from Hobby Lobby. The flowers are Prima. I cut the little flourish with my Cricut. (I burned about half a piece of paper trying to size it right..muhaha not going to happen anymore).

I made the inside look like the outside, because I just love that dot paper.


So I have a second card today as well.

It's another Sweet Pea Stamps image.

No help from any machines here..except my trusty paper trimmer, and my new Glue Glider Pro.

I was hoping the Stickles would show up better, but oh well. The moon is light grey, it doesn't really look like it's colored here. I spent a lot of time, and ink, making the background the right color...I didn't think it was going to be that difficult, but I was wrong. I think it turned out pretty good though.

I've been making some cards today too, but that's for another time.

We're going to dinner tonight, and maybe watching a movie when we get home. I get a whole long weekend to just veg...and play with the Gypsy.

Couldn't ask for more.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment