Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Washington DC Trip Day 1

Well we made it! Washington DC, our nation's capital.

I had forgotten why I hate flying....oh wait, no I didn't..it's because it's terrible. I was recently informed that the runway at the airport we were flying in to is very short. I discovered first hand that this means that in order to stop the plane as it lands the pilot SLAMS on the breaks, which is fantastic.

Once on the ground, we grabbed out bags and headed right outside to catch the shuttle.

We are happy travelers because the shuttle dropped us off right at the hotel.

Our room is nicey nice. It's way better than I thought it would be. It's going to be great to stay here all week.
We always seem to run into problems when it comes to the hotel bathrooms. You can revisit our previous interesting situation here. It definitely beats this room, but still, there is no shower door...it's like a half door. What happened to normal bathrooms.

We had dinner at Chili's, which I know we have in KC, but it was in the best interest of Team Rodgers to keep the crabbies away. Tomorrow we're going to the Museum of Natural History. I'm pretty excited.

Tomorrow there should be more exciting photos.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment