Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Surprise Baby Shower

We got really busy over the weekend, and I got really tired so that is why there has been a delay in posting.

Friday we went to the Royals game, and we won it..it was amazing! I like sports better in person I think. No pictures of the game, you'll have to use your imagination on that one.
We also did a little swim trial Friday afternoon. Oliver is not a fan. We have a problem, our tub doesn't fill up far enough, and Oliver can touch the bottom. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated. I do happen to have a video of the action (well lack of action actually) that hopefully I can get posted this week.
Saturday we had agility class, and as usual he was amazing. He even let Aunt KT handle him, it was a good thing all around.
We headed to the Ren Fest, I have pictures and video, so hopefully I can get that up this week too...
Sunday we went shopping for new clothes and luggage for the trip. We leave Tuesday, BAH! It's getting close. And I have to get all these things posted because as you know, there will be a post every evening of our trip so you at home can follow along.

But before all this happened, there was Thursday.

A friend of mine at work is having a baby, and we threw her a surprise shower on Thursday.

And I made this card for everyone to sign.

They have decided to not find out the gender of the baby (which is killing me!) so I had to go with gender-neutral...which is pretty difficult.

I took some help from my Cricut on the pregnant lady. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I love making baby cards!

I kept the inside pretty simple so there was room for everyone to sign it. I was even more surprised that we kept it quiet until it was time for the party.

I made little candies for the party for those of us who don't like cake. This is my candy making sweat shop.

They turned out really cute. They match the card. They were gone in a very short amount of time, chocolate doesn't last long around lab people.

I'm very excited for her to have the baby, I'm living vicariously through her, I have a pomeranian, and I'm thinking about getting another, so the baby horizon just moves farther and farther away.

It's already time for work, but I have the next 2 days off, so hopefully I can get some posts up.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment