Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Leafy Birthday Card

I've been a bad bad blogger.

I don't really have an excuse..it's been gloomy, and I'm tired.

I did make a birthday card for my father-in-law, his birthday was last week.
I apologize for the picture quality, they're worse than usual..that guy I live with took these because the light was terrible the night I finished the card, so he took it the next morning.

I love fall..since it's a fall birthday, I used fall colors.

I made the leaves. I painted watercolor paper, stamped and cut out the leaves then I used extra thick embossing powder, so they're like leaf chips. I think they're cool.

I have another birthday card done, I just need some good light to take a photo of it (hoping for a light box for Christmas this year...)
And then I've agreed to make 20 Christmas cards for my mother this year...so look for those coming to a blog near you.

**An Oliver Update**
He's doing great, thanks for everyone who's been concerned. This Tuesday was 4 weeks post surgery. His fur is slowly (I mean really slowly) growing back in. His incisions are healed. He's using both legs, but he still definitely prefers the left leg to the right. The vet clinic called last week to ask about him, and I asked them about the leg preference, and they said so far that was fine. He is in fact using it more than he was last week, so we're watching for more and more improvement over the next few weeks. His recheck appointment is December 14th, which is 8 weeks and 1 day post surgery. We're hoping for full activity status by then. Not that we don't love carrying him around, but it's starting to be a real hassle. Full activity status is important, because he's bored to death, and because Cora is coming soon (more on that later).

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment