Friday, October 14, 2011

Watercolored Halloween Card

3 posts in the same week?! Crazy I know.

I'm on a Halloween spree. I've got a card today, and 2 more waiting in the wings. I think I'm shooting for 12 cards this year, so we'll see if I make it in time. It's sort of difficult because I like them all to be different (I say that, but the next post will have to very similar cards..but more on that later) or to try a new technique on each one...so it takes more time.

For example..this card took 2 tries. I used Stampin' Up's water color paper and painted the background. I embossed the image with black powder. When I went to stamp it the first time it was really crooked..so I had to start all over. And since the image is sort of involved, I went with really simple on the rest of the card. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the front with a spider web.

The image is sort of shiny from the powder, it's also raised up.

The inside is pretty simple too. As I'm sure you're noticing, this is one of my favorite sentiment stamps for Halloween.

I might get something posted tomorrow, but I'm not sure, some friends of ours just had a baby, so I'm hoping to go see them tomorrow. Exciting.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment