Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Watercolored Fall Birthday Card

I'm on a roll this week!

I ended up with the day off today, so I'm spending a little time in my fishbowl. This morning Tim the Trainer came over for a little backyard agility. Dogtober Fest is this weekend and he is part of the agility exhibition with his 3-legged dog Dixie. Dixie is good, but today Oliver was really on his game. He even tackled the A-frame. It's a shame he'll be benched for 8 weeks after his surgery.

Today I have a fall birthday card.

I made this for a friend's mom. The stamp is a 2-step stamp, and I sort of used a watercolor technique...I painted directly on the stamp before I stamped it to the paper. I love this shade of purple, but rarely have an excuse to use it.

It's pretty simple, but that's what I think of when I think of moms, pretty and simple.

I echoed the front on the inside, leaving plenty of room for a nice birthday message.

We're planning on going to Dogtober Fest this Sunday to see what it's all about. It will be sort of a final fling for Oliver. I'm also hoping that he will be really tired so he will sleep on the car ride to Columbia.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment