Monday, March 21, 2011

Sandhill Crane Card

It's been a while...I've been busy...

But I do have something for today.

My mom commissioned me to make a card for her.

She's going to give it to Curt. So it couldn't have ribbons, or sparkles, or anything that makes it fun...
Well actually this one was pretty fun to make. I made the background with my brayer, a few post-it notes, and several colors of ink. The reed stamp in the foreground is from Stampin Up.
The cranes are from the internet.

Sandhill Cranes to be exact. I'm not sure what the story is, but I know Mom and Curt have been to the migration a couple of times. The silhouettes look just like some statues they have at their house on the fireplace...

Here's the inside, the card opens differently than I usually make them. But I like it. I distressed everything, I think it adds to the manly-ness.

I had a really great 3-day weekend, even though the camera class I've been looking forward to was cancelled. On the bright side, we get a make up, and another free class on top of it..so hooray for small disasters.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday..

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment