Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hey Cupcake!

It seems like we've been really busy lately. There is still an obscene amount of snow on the ground. Ollie the Snow Monster loves it, I hate it. My kitchen floor is a disaster from the wet paws and shoes. As I'm sure some of you know I can't drive if there is any snow on the street, so I've been getting lots of rides to work the past 2 weeks...it's nice, and a pain all at the same time.

Speaking of time, I've made some for crafting.

I got some new stamps/punches from Stampin' Up! and this is what I made with them...

A cupcake card. The stamp stamps the color..duh. And the punch punches it out..again obvious. But that's why there is a white edge to the cupcakes. The punch also has a candle, a cherry and sprinkles. You could just punch solid cardstock and mix and match all the colors, and that would be cute too...but I like to stamp.

I used my Cuttlebug for the dotted background, pop dots for the backs of the cupcakes, and my iRock to set the rhinestones. The ink colors are So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Pretty in Pink...the brown is Early Espresso.

The sentiment is from the same cupcake set. So is the candle, I used markers to color the stem and the flame.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's a birthday card. It was so easy to make I might end up with an entire fleet of them..and I don't even like cake. Go figure.

I have some other photos waiting in the wings, some crafty, and some of the SnowMonster. This means that I should have regular blogging for a few days..maybe.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment