Friday, January 28, 2011

Baby Boy Sail Boat Card

So the card I have for today, and the one for tomorrow (ha maybe!) are a bit more simple than what I usually do, but then I think my style has been changing lately. Or maybe I'm becoming multi-styled..its a word. And I think that is way better than being only uni-styled...also a word.

Our real estate agent and his wife just had a baby about a week ago, so I made this card for them. (if your looking for one, I highly recommend this guy)

They had a baby boy, and I don't know much about their nursery or anything, so I tried to keep it pretty generic. And I like sail boats for little boys...so that's what I did.

This thing as more pop dots on it than is probably normal...but who cares. I used my Cuttlebug for the dark blue layer. The Cricut did the hard work of cutting out the little boat. I rounded all the corners because the cut our from the Cricut is rounded...and it's for a baby, sharp corners are dangerous.

I don't really have that many baby stamps, but this is one I do have..and really like. (you might see it again..don't be surprised.) It's a 2 step stamp, the set has lots of sayings, but this one was obviously the best.

It's Friday, and I've never been happier. We have no plans. I hope to get to the 3 C's. Cooking, cleaning, and my personal favorite, crafting.

Enjoy your weekend

Jessica

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Just googled 'baby boy cards' and was drawn to this card. It's so simple and yet it's so gorgeous! I love it! Love the embossing. Where did you get the boat image from?
    Carla
    http://carlasscrappytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carla, Thanks for the compliment. The boat came from the New Arrival Cricut Cartridge.

      Delete