Friday, November 5, 2010

A Flower Card

I just have a quick post today.

I've been slacking in the card making department, but I did finally finish our New England Vacation scrapbook..a year later, which is just sad. But anyway, it's done. So now I'll be moving on to our Year 2 of marriage book, I've done a couple of pages already, so I'm up to Christmas of last year, so I'm really only 11 months behind...geeze.

But I do have a card for today. It started out as an experiment in a brayer technique for the background, but it turned out ok, so I went ahead and made it into a card.

The background used to be white, and I used a brayer to layer on 2 different colors. I stamped the flowers, then the reeds. I stamped off some of the ink on the reeds to a scrap piece of paper so they'd be lighter. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. All the ink and paper, and even the ribbon are from Stampin Up.

Here's a different view. I put the jewels on the top with my iRock, which is a totally awesome tool.

The inside is blank, since I don't really know what I'd use this card for. It sort of falls into the category of just sending a nice note to someone. I suppose it could be a birthday card too..maybe.

Anyway, it's finally Friday. We've got a few things to do, like puppy class for Oliver. But hopefully we're going to stick close to home..and maybe get all this Halloween stuff put away. Maybe.



Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment