Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Fall Foliage Birthday Card

Today I have a birthday card I've been working on for the past few days. It's for Jonathan's dad. Jonathan had the original idea "leaves or something" and I ran with it. When it comes to cards for his family I generally make him get involved. He helped choose the colors and the paper, he even signed his own name inside, which doesn't always happen.

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out, and I'm a little sad to see it go.


All the paper is from Stampin Up. I used the Gypsy and Cricut to cut out the leaves. The Gypsy has a search function so I was able to see all the leaves I already had on my cartridges, this saved me tons of time. I used the Gypsy to arrange my mat so I could cut all the different leaves at one time..also a time saver.
I used Ranger Distress ink to distress every piece of paper to within an inch of it's life...but I like what it adds to the card.

The Happy Birthday stamp is from Hobby Lobby, or somewhere like it. The camera didn't really pick it up (big surprise there) but I used just a hint of yellow Glimmer Mist to spritz the leaves..they just looked so plain.

I had a few extra leaves to use in the inside, but otherwise it's blank.

I'm currently working on the first Christmas card of the season, and I hope to be able to finish it tomorrow, but we'll see.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment