Thursday, April 28, 2011

Black and Gold Grad Invites

I hope everyone had a good Easter. And is going to have a good weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

So I've been told these have gone out in the mail...and that means I can put them up here.
So I have a card for you.

Well actually they're graduation invites for my little sister's grad party. When I agreed to make them I didn't realize they would need 40...and actually she just put in a request for 5 more. I wish she wasn't so popular. Or that we didn't have a giant family.

The white paper is hand stamped using a set called Circle Circus. I love this set. Each one of the invites is just slightly different, this isn't Hallmark after all.

The Ray-Pec colors are black and gold. The gold is pretty much right on, and of course it is a discontinued color called Crushed Curry. They happened to have extra ink pad and ink fillers and paper and ribbon in the clearance section of Stampin Up, so I bought it like a crazy person..I didn't want to run out. So now I have 3 1/2 packs of paper and 3 spools of ribbon...left over...after all the cards are done.

This was the part that took the longest. It's one stamp, but I had to stamp it twice. Once for the bottom that I cut out with my scalloped circle punch. And once so I could just punch out the middle. I also punched a slightly larger circle in the Crushed Curry. The top is popped up with a couple of dimensionals. I sprayed each card with a little bit of Glimmer Mist, so they have just a hint of sparkle.

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. She seemed to like them, so I count that as a win. I'm mostly excited that it will be at least 4 years until I might have to do it again for her college graduation.

I'm working on a few grad card, but I'm finding that craft time is a bit hard to come by. Zumba is definitely interfering...but I like it too much. My job I like less, so maybe I'll give that up....haha I wish.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment