Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Haunted House Card

So as promised, a day late..but that's besides the point. I have another Halloween card for you.
This one I was really excited about. I completely cased it from a tutorial that Dawn at Dawn's Stamping Studio did. You can see it here. And for a first attempt I don't think it's too bad.

The background is "watercolored" and the house image is embossed. I have big plans for this technique. The possibilities are endless..but probably most of them will involve this house. I love love love Halloween. It is most definitely my favorite holiday.

You can see the house a little better here. Since the watercolor paper is textured it's difficult to get a good transfer when yous stamp on it. In Dawn's video she gives a good idea to help with this, which I tried..but I think I have a better idea and next time I'll try it and see if it works better. This card was a ton of fun and I can't wait to get some more colors to "watercolor" with.

Today is my Friday, and that means 3 day weekend. Tomorrow night we're going to a Ray-Pec football game to see my sister in the band. Hopefully we get to the park a few days, and hopefully I can scrap scrap scrap.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. This scared the Giardia right outta me!!!!

    ReplyDelete