Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween Waterfall Cards

Finally, a card making blog post. I finally found a little time to get up in the scrap room and do some work.

This card is pretty cool. I watch a lot of how to technique videos, and my current favorite is Dawn at Dawns Stamping Thoughts/Studio. She's a Stampin Up! Demonstrator and she does lots of really cute stuff. You can see her how to video for this card here..if you want to see how it moves.

I followed most of here instructions. Except I thought a staple in the ribbon was a bit tacky..same for being able to see the brads on the back side. There is not a opening part to this card, it's sort of like a post card...well you'll see what I mean.

All the paper is SU!, and so is the stamp set. On this one though the sentiment is from All That Scraps. My ribbon is just something I had in my stash, as well as the glitter brads.

Here's a side view as you pull the slider part down.

Here it is pulled all the way down so you can see the sentiment. Cute right!

This one was my first attempt. It's pretty good, but the slider is a bit crooked..I think I can fix it, but I really like the other one better.

My days off are coming to an end...and I have to go back to work tomorrow. I truly intended to get way more scrapping done, and sadly, these 2 cards are all I made..tragic! Hopefully as we settle into the work routine Oliver will let me have some time this week to get some stuff made before my shift...ha, maybe.

He's doing very well, we have a play date with his cousins tonight..I'm going to try to get some pictures of that..ha!

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and enjoyed this awesome weather.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment