Saturday, March 16, 2013

NADAC Agility Trial 3-16-13 Day 2

We were back for more action today.
It was a down right grueling day.  The first event is the same course for everyone so we had to be there early to make sure I got a chance to walk it.  We had to get up at 630.  If you know Team Rodgers, you know that we don't function well at that particular hour.  Even the dogs were upset.  We also had a lot of down time since we only did 3 events today.  It was down right freezing in the building.  Oh the hardships of being an agility handler.
On to more bellyaching, I mean footage...



Another go at Touch N Go.  It was basically the same course but technically easier..Oliver was supposed to take the tunnels this time.  He didn't like that idea.  You can see right out of the gate he steps on the dog walk instead of taking the green tunnel.  Turd.  Then you can see that I push him out to the yellow tunnel under the A-frame, which he takes, and I am pleased..so I continue on...that little turd turned around, came back out and went up the frame.  Are you kidding me?  It gets better.  You can't see him but we're having a misunderstanding about him taking that second yellow tunnel.  He was busy sniffing the sandbags that was holding it in place.  He finally did take it and we were able to finish the course.  Seeing as how he earned us all sorts of deductions, we didn't get the Q here.  Damn.



We decided to give Regulars a try..this event includes every obstacle possible.  This means weaves.  We had other problems before we even got there.  I hope you enjoy all the people that are going to make an appearance in the video.  So, you can't see, but we have a small disagreement about him taking that green tunnel again.  He finally does it, and I think we're good to go...you can see as we come around that I look around...as if I was lost.  That would be true.  I totally forgot where obstacle #6 was.  I found it though, and we continued on our way.  After that light blue tunnel there is a tricky pattern that I really hate. Oliver is supposed to make an S pattern with the jumps.  I never know how to handle this, and we usually fail.  Well we failed in a whole new way.  That little contact loving turd shot right up that A-frame, despite my best efforts.  When we were out there...I could see the moment he decided that was what he was going to do.  We do finally make it to the weaves, which we fail miserably at.  I can't figure out what his deal is.  We definitely need some serious work.



I did save the best for last.  If you follow along you know that we just need one more qualifying run to complete our Novice Jumpers Title.  Each title requires 3 qualifying (read: perfect) runs.  We've been needing this run for a few competitions now..and it's been eluding us.  Not this time my friends!  Oliver pulled out all the stops and gave me a great run!  He had pretty good speed and his focus was great.  Most of all he had his listening ears on, which he hadn't had up until then.  At the end of the run you can see him look around, he was looking at our home base area, looking for his dad I'm sure.  So, we took a 1st place and got the Q!  And a shiny new title ribbon to boot!




We've got one final day on the field, and we're up for another title...we'll see if we can get that one too.

Jessica 


No comments:

Post a Comment