Monday, July 23, 2012

Springfield NADAC Agility Trial 7-21-12

What a trip! This was our first whole weekend trip, and the most events we've entered at a time. We drove to Springfield Missouri on Friday afternoon. It's about a 3 hour drive. We stayed in a hotel, another first!
Oliver and Cora love hotels!

Cora REALLY loves hotels.


Oh, what's this? Let me tell you...THIS is the 70 dollar crate we had to buy Saturday afternoon because Cora is a turd. We only brought one crate for them to share at night. Friday night, about 1:30AM Coraline had a freaking meltdown. We think Oliver rolled on her and she flipped her freaking biscuit...snarling, snapping and the whole 9 yards. So Oliver had to sleep in the bed.  Which he's never done one night in his life.  I think he was happy, being in the bed is sort of a treat for him...but he was restless..moving around and keeping both of us up.


So nobody slept well Friday night. We didn't want to risk a repeat performance from our favorite tiny tot...so a second crate it is!

Team Rodgers home base for the weekend. The sheets are to help cut down on the barking. We were in the walkway..so I think it helped. We eventually had to put another sheet on the backside by the window..Cora couldn't stand the other dogs having fun.


Our first ribbon of the trial. Our first Regulars run..not too shabby for a first attempt!


On to the footage!!


 First time running regulars. Not too shabby. Regulars includes all of the possible obstacles.  I was most worried about the weaves, but we got them with only a tad of a problem. But instead NQ because we made a mistake, he took a hoop backwards because he passed it the first time. It would have been great except for that, we were way under time!


The still of this video is Jon's favorite..it's a pretty funny pose I suppose.  Our jumpers run was ok, we got off when I was too close to that 2nd jump out of the tunnel, and we had a few other problems as well.  He passed that jump in the back of the course, and spaced out and just stared at me...so needless to say, we were over time..



This Tunnelers run was wonderful!  If you remember our last 2 attempts, Oliver isn't in any sort of hurry.  Well when it's all tunnels, that's the name of the game, speed and control.  This was a TOUGH course, and I just wanted to get through it.  Well we flowed through this bad boy like pros!  We got our first Tunnelers Q, which was a huge surprise!  I was so happy!
If you notice, my hair is down in a pony tail instead of a bun...it's because I lost my hair tie on the course for Jumpers I think...agility is hard.


Touch N Go...this was a series of disasters.  I had high hopes because we had done so well last time we entered this.  (only 1.71 seconds over course time)  This was the meanest course I've seen yet.  We were going good in the beginning, I was able to call him off going up that A-frame when he wasn't supposed to.  After the pink tunnel, we were supposed to take the hoop at the end, which he did..but then we were supposed to turn completely around and go up the dog walk...which he did not.  He though we were done..you can see him looking at me...like, where's my treat mom?  When I finally get him turned around that little turn takes the tunnel again by mistake.  We finish with the dog walk and last hoop, but we had the mistake fault, as well as time faults because he thought we were done when we weren't. 

So that was Saturday.  I'll put Sunday's events in another post.  And look for the ribbon break down there as well. 
Back to work today, man I'm exhausted.  But we had a great time. 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment